Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Virginia May Be For Lovers, But I Love St. George!

I was feelin' . . . so bad,
I asked my family doctor just what I had,
I said, "Doctor, . . .
(Doctor . . .)
Mr. M.D., . . .
(Doctor . . .)
Now can you tell me, tell me, tell me,
What's ailin' me?"
(Doctor . . .)

He said, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah,
(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Yes, indeed, all you really need . . .
St. George gimme that St. George golfin!

But, Seriously, I was depressed, anxious, not digging life and all those fun things. I headed down to St. George on Thursday night with some good guys, Scott and Brady. the man trip began at Bajio in Provo where Brady aka timeshare commenced to sign us up for the meals that he thought we should get. It was good! We drove down from there and got in around 11. Brady hooked up his Iomega movie hard drive thing and we watched the new Wall Street movie. We started our day on Friday with the VIB meal from Village Inn. You get to pick seven items off the menu. We shot over to the golf course after that. Scott, Brady, and I started on hole 13 which was the hardest hole on the golf course followed by the 4 other most difficult holes. I got up to the first tee box and might as well of had a light sabre in my hand. That would have felt less ackward. Well needless to say I had two great days of golf and really had great scores other than a couple of blow up holes. The were like Atomic bomb holes! But it was great. Well after the Friday round, we dropped by my favorite restaurant on the planet! Poncho and Lefty's. We sat at the bar and watched the Jazz game. I had De BigOne which basically includes three entrees with rice and beans. Scott and Brady both had burritos. The crazy part was that Scott and Brady ordered nachos after the burritos. They were going for it! After P and L's we cruised over to Village Inn to pick up what i call the snake oil wrist bands. They improve our balance or something like that! After the VI, we headed over to Nelsons Custard to by and overpriced yummy desert from a company that doesn't bother to give anything back to its customers ever! But that is a different story. After that it was back to the condo where we were headed to the hot tub. But, we never made it. We all fell asleep on the couch. The next day was ground hog day. Woke up, got the VIB from Village Inn. Headed to the golf course and played in the tournement which took 7 hours for the second day in a row. After the tourney, which Scott lit it up on Saturday with a four under 69. I was 10 over on the day. 9 over on two holes! Awesome! Those hour long waits don't do so well for a mental midget like me. After the tourney it was off the get massages from a spa owned by a russian mail order bride! Awesome! After the spa it was down to Mesquite for a buffett and some people watching for me. Corvette Carl was my personal favorite person. I think that his tight curl mullett/galactic cut/hair helmet has not moved since the early 70's. I love you Corvette Carl. Well, after mesquite, we headed back to St. George, slept and drove home at 7 in the morning back in time for church! It was a great dude trip. I felt so much better after some sun, some golf, some buddies, and some food! Yeah!

No comments: